Statement By The Honourable Shelly Glover On The Occasion Of Music Night
OTTAWA, Dec. 3, 2013 /CNW/ - It is a great pleasure for me, as Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, to host my first Music Night this evening, showcasing some of the finest, most creative talent in Canadian music. I would like to give special thanks to Music Canada and Quebecor for organizing this very special musical evening.
Our guest artists, country singer Brett Kissel and musical group Kaïn, are making their mark both here at home and around the world. I'm very excited that they've agreed to share their music tonight. They've already won the hearts of tens of thousands of Canadians, and for those attending tonight who may not have heard them before, I'm sure that number will grow.
I have always been very impressed by the talent and diversity of the artists who shape the music scene in Canada. I am particularly inspired by the number of talented young artists who keep music new and exciting. I'm proud of the young musicians from Ottawa's Hillcrest Secondary School performing here tonight, and I'm so pleased that we were able to invite all 150 students from the school's music program to be with us. I hope that in the years to come, they will continue their musical education, and perhaps grace the stage one day as well.
Canada's recording industry is the seventh-largest in the world, generating almost $3 billion in economic activity every year. Thanks to the talent and creativity of our artists, Canada is the third-largest exporter of musical talent in the world. Our Government is proud to contribute to the vitality of this industry through initiatives such as the Canada Music Fund. I hope everyone enjoys Music Night, and leaves with a renewed appreciation of our country's dynamic, brilliant musicians and artists.SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV