Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The market is confused and that's almost always negative for stocks, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" Tuesday. Until there's a resolution the stocks of great companies will continue to be put on sale for those who truly see their value, Cramer continued.
Is good news for the economy bad news for stocks? That's the question that's been plaguing the markets for the past three years, Cramer said, as investors playing the Federal Reserve and macro trends butt heads with those picking individual stocks. Cramer said the Fed watchers are almost always wrong -- they never account for all the positives in the market such as mergers and breakups and spin-offs, all of which are propelling stocks higher. Instead, these investors focus on the macro picture, which is always difficult to translate into the market's next move.
The Fed watchers have always missed the big revolutions like PCs, smart phones, social media, cloud computing and the renaissance in oil and gas, just to name a few. It's always better to focus on individual stories, he said, such as
(AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Off the ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Ed Ponzi over the chart of Hewlett-Packard (HPQ). Cramer has hated this stock for quite some time but is now changing his tune. Shares of HP are up 93% so far in 2013 -- after reporting an excellent quarter, the stock may be ripe to buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV