Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified NetApp (NTAP) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NetApp as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NTAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $109.4 million.
- NTAP is down 2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NTAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NTAP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NTAP: NetApp, Inc. engages in design, manufacture, and marketing of networked storage solutions. The company supplies enterprise storage and data management software and hardware products and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. NTAP has a PE ratio of 25.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate NetApp a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.The average volume for NetApp has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NetApp has a market cap of $14.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.95 and a short float of 3.4% with 3.38 days to cover. Shares are up 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NetApp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 52.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $109.60 million to $166.80 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although NTAP's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, NTAP has a quick ratio of 2.44, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $362.50 million or 7.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NETAPP INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.93%.
- The gross profit margin for NETAPP INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.76% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full NetApp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about NTAP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV