TSX-V: CST Outstanding Shares: 79,687,836
QUEBEC CITY, Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - CO 2 Solutions Inc. (TSX-V: CST), an innovator in the field of enzyme-enabled carbon capture technology, today announced that it has received Notices of Allowance in Canada for two new patents:
- FORMULATION AND PROCESS FOR CO 2 CAPTURE USING AMINO ACIDS AND BIOCATALYSTS with number 2,769,771. This patent will cover the enzyme-enabled capture of CO 2 from any CO 2-containing gas where carbonic anhydrase enzyme is present in any form with amino acid-based absorbent.
- CARBONIC ANHYDRASE SYSTEM AND PROCESS FOR TREATING A CO 2-CONTAINING GAS with number 2,827,024. This patent will cover the enzyme-enabled capture of CO 2 from any CO 2-containing gas where carbonic anhydrase enzyme is on or in substrates that are in suspension in the absorption solution.
The Company anticipates that these patents will be applicable to the use of CO 2 Solutions' technology for efficient and environmentally superior CO 2 capture and reuse, in large Canadian industries, including the enhanced oil recovery and power generation sectors.
"These patents further strengthen our deep intellectual property portfolio in the field of enzymatic carbon capture," stated Evan Price, CO 2 Solutions' President and CEO. "In addition, they expand our potential process options to suit specific industry and customer needs as we move towards full commercialization of our technology."
About CO 2 Solutions Inc. CO 2 Solutions is an innovator in the field of enzyme-enabled carbon capture and has been actively working to develop and commercialize the technology for stationary sources of carbon pollution. CO 2 Solutions' technology lowers the cost barrier to Carbon Capture, Sequestration and Utilization (CCSU), positioning it as a viable CO 2 mitigation tool, as well as enabling industry to derive profitable new products from these emissions. CO 2 Solutions has built an extensive patent portfolio covering the use of carbonic anhydrase, or analogues thereof, for the efficient post-combustion capture of carbon dioxide with low‐energy aqueous solvents. Further information can be found at www.co2solutions.com.CO 2 Solutions Forward-looking Statements Certain statements in this news release may be forward-looking. These statements relate to future events or CO 2 Solutions' future economic performance and reflect the current assumptions and expectations of management. Certain unknown factors may affect the events, economic performance and results of operation described herein. CO 2 Solutions undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required under applicable law. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. SOURCE CO2 Solutions Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV