The top three automakers in the United States – namely General Motors Company (GM), Ford Motor Company (F), and Chrysler Group LLC reported strong sales performance for the month of November, beating estimates.
General Motors reports highest sales in six years
General Motors Company (GM) reported that its dealers in the United States sold 212,060 vehicles. The company's vehicle sales increased by 14% compared with the 13.5% estimate for the month. According to the automaker, its performance is the highest November sales in six years.
Kurt McNeil, vice president, U.S. sales operations of General Motors Company (GM) said the sales of the four brands of the automaker were strong. He said, "Demand was was robust for everything from cars to crossovers to the industry's newest and best full-size pickups. The sheer number of award-winning new models we have helped us grow faster than the industry for the second month in a row."
Ford sees uptick in Fusion and Fiesta salesOn the other hand, Ford Motor Company (F) said its vehicle sales in the country increased by 7% compared with the 5.6% expectations. The company sold 190,449 vehicles, which is the best retail sales performance of the company since 2004. John Felice, vice president U.S. marketing, sales and service at Ford Motor Company (F) said the company's family of vehicles continue to deliver sales increases particularly its passenger cars and utilities. According to him, Ford's Fusion and Fiesta brands standout setting sales records in November. The company sold 22,839 Fusion vehicles and 4,642 Fiesta vehicles.
Chrysler’s Jeep Cherokee leads the wayMeanwhile, Chrysler Group LLC reported a 16% increase in vehicle sales, its best November sales performance since 2007 compared with the 11% sales gain estimated by analysts. The automaker sold 142,275 vehicles for the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
- The 8 States Most Likely to Legalize Marijuana Next
- Behind Russia's Current Crisis: It's Not the Ruble, It's Putin
- Would you invest in the U.S. Postal Service?
- Why Jim Cramer Says it Could be Too Late to Enter the Stock Market Rally Now
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Declining Today Amid Allegations of Poor Working Conditions in China
Rates from Bankrate.com
- Credit Cards