In trading on Tuesday, shares of Fusion-io Inc. (FIO) touched a new 52-week low of $9.27/share. That's a $15.28 share price drop, or -62.24% decline from the 52-week high of $24.55 set back on 12/18/2012. Large percentage drops always require that the stock post even larger percentage gains from the low in order to recover the old price point, and for FIO that means the stock would have to gain 164.83% to get back to the 52-week high. For a move like that, Fusion-io Inc. would need fundamental strength at the business level.
Here's a rhetorical question: Who knows more about fundamentals at the business level than the company's own insiders? So let's take a look to see whether any company insiders were taking the other side of the trade as FIO shares were being sold down to this new 52-week low, focusing on the most recent trailing six month period. As summarized by the table below, FIO has seen 2 different instances of insiders buying over the past six months.
|10/25/2013||Shawn J. Lindquist||Chief Legal Officer||11,000||$9.49||$104,445.00|
|10/25/2013||Shane V. Robison||Chief Executive Officer||105,500||$9.52||$1,004,476.05|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV