Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ford Motor (F) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ford Motor as such a stock due to the following factors:
- F has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $461.2 million.
- F has traded 26.1 million shares today.
- F traded in a range 268.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.60.
- F traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 25 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 25 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in F with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for F NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on F: Ford Motor Company engages in the development, manufacture, distribution, and service of vehicles, parts, and accessories worldwide. The company operates through two sectors, Automotive and Financial Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. F has a PE ratio of 12.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Ford Motor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Ford Motor has been 36.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ford has a market cap of $66.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.78 days to cover. Shares are up 31.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ford Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, F's share price has jumped by 53.42%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, F should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,840.00 million or 12.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FORD MOTOR CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 32.21%.
- FORD MOTOR CO's earnings per share declined by 24.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $5.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.66 versus $1.42).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, FORD MOTOR CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about F
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV