3. As of noon trading, Garmin ( GRMN) is down $0.64 (-1.3%) to $47.73 on light volume. Thus far, 379,046 shares of Garmin exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.29-$48.10 after having opened the day at $48.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.37. Garmin Ltd. is a worldwide provider of navigation, communications and information devices, most of which are enabled by global positioning system (GPS) technology. Garmin has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Garmin a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Garmin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Garmin Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts