In addition to providing flight, weather and destination information via the microFIDS Signage, Hertz's San Diego location has been re-designed to streamline the rental experience. The facility makeover takes into consideration the common road trip staples, tools and services typically desired by travelers, and offer the following to help enhance the travel experience:
- Bus Tracking: Working with its leasing company, Donlen, Hertz is piloting new telematics for its busses. With smarter tracking, customers have access to an app that enables them to see how many minutes until a Hertz bus will be at the terminal. The system helps bus drivers identify where customers need to be picked up creating a more efficient bussing system and decreasing the amount of fuel used.
- On-Site Retail: Forgot something? The "Road Trip by Hertz" retail station offers customers food and drinks and essential travel supplies—everything from maps and sunscreen to charging cords and beach bags. Luggage, clothing and accessories are also available to make the experience a one-stop-shop for both families and the business traveler.
- On-Site Technology Tools: After a long flight, customers can take a break and recharge their electronic equipment. Additionally, they can interact with an iPad station to access the latest travel apps, entertain kids with games, and book a Hertz reservation, among other things.
- On-Site Business Tools: Customers can print on-site and access FedEx directly inside the store to send important documents and packages.
- Dramatic Vehicle Displays: New vehicle displays showcase Hertz's unique and exciting rental cars – such as the Hertz Penske GT in the U.S. – that have been added to raise visibility of the company's expanding fleet options among customers, a further connect with car lovers.
- Sustainability Leadership: The facility transformations also adhere to the company's commitment to global sustainability best practices.
To see Hertz's newly redesigned locations, visit:
ARINC Incorporated, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, provides communications, engineering and integration solutions for commercial and government customers worldwide. Headquartered in
with regional headquarters in
, ARINC is ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 Rev C certified. For more information, visit the website at
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in
. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in
. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of
Travel + Leisure's
World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation