CHEVY CHASE, Md., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- What does a negative strip of black-and-white film, a figure at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, and a large missile on the grounds of the San Diego Air & Space Museum have in common? They all represent a piece of U.S. history with an amazing back-story! Veteran Travel Channel host Don Wildman provides a unique glimpse at America's museums by unraveling unknown layers of the nation's past. With the sixth season of " Mysteries at the Museum" launching on Thursday, January 2 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT , the original series remains a fan favorite with Travel Channel's viewers. In each of the 13 one-hour episodes, Wildman brings six artifacts to life through their intriguing stories. Viewers take a fascinating journey to the historical institutions that millions visit as part of their travel itinerary.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/64286-travel-channel-mysteries-at-the-museum-host-don-wildman-uncovers-stories
"'Mysteries at the Museum' is a rare commodity on television," says Wildman. "There are countless stories to be told, each with a surprising twist. The show hopscotches through history. It's a fun, easy-to-take education about how our museums are crammed with intrigue."In the new season of "Mysteries at the Museum," Wildman traverses the U.S. and explores a diverse range of the country's many curious and lesser-known stories. The season premiere will include:
- The investigation of a bright yellow car that once represented the promise of an automotive revolution at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, California.
- A visit to the Bakken Museum in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where an armonica – a glass and wooden musical instrument – tells the tale of miraculous medical cures that came under the scrutiny of one of America's most famous statesmen.
- The exploration of a strip of paper at the International Spy Museum in Washington, D.C. that represents one of the most thrilling espionage sagas of the Civil War.
- A closer look at an oversized panel with red lights at the EBR-I Atomic Museum in Arco, Idaho, which speaks to one of the worst nuclear accidents in American history.
- The inspection of a small hollow figure of a portly man that sits at the Museum of the City of New York. He represents a powerful boss whose reign of corruption was challenged by a popular cartoonist on the pages of the city's daily newspapers.
- A peek at a model ship docked at the American Yacht Club in Rye, New York, which showcases an innovative design that was used by a courageous explorer to battle the elements in his attempt to reach one of Earth's harshest environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV