ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) Highlighted As Today's Perilous Reversal Stock
- ACAD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.6 million.
- ACAD has traded 44,930 shares today.
- ACAD is down 3% today.
- ACAD was up 7.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACAD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACAD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACAD: ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on innovative treatments that address unmet medical needs in neurological and related central nervous system disorders. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate ACADIA Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for ACADIA Pharmaceuticals has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ACADIA has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.77 and a short float of 18.3% with 6.93 days to cover. Shares are up 400.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ACADIA Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 345.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.40 million to -$10.70 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.48 million or 78.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.37 versus -$0.44 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.9% in earnings (-$0.44 versus -$0.37).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ACAD, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 93.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.