WellPoint (WLP) Flagged As Today's Pre-Market Laggard
- WLP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $208.6 million.
- WLP traded 10,191 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- WLP is down 2.2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WLP: WellPoint, Inc., a health benefits company, through its subsidiaries, offers network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid, and senior markets in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Commercial, Consumer, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. WLP has a PE ratio of 10.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate WellPoint a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for WellPoint has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. WellPoint has a market cap of $27.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.50 days to cover. Shares are up 53.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WellPoint as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WLP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.60, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WLP has a quick ratio of 1.71, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 70.31% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WLP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 481.76% to $1,397.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WELLPOINT INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 326.03%.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts