BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Kris Kringle may have more in common with Gordon Gekko than you think. After all, jolly old Saint Nick is the one who has a stock market phenomenon named after him.
The Santa Claus rally is technically the buying pressure in the truncated trading sessions between Christmas and New Year's Day -- but let's not get too technical over a price move named after Santa. In the last few years, investors have used the Santa Claus rally to refer to the stock market's historical bullish seasonality during the entire month of December.
So with December upon us, it makes sense to take a look at the price setups best-positioned to take advantage of a last-minute surge in stocks. To do that, we'll take a technical look at trades to be made in five names this month.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy in December Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV