Many companies are increasingly seeking to stand out as attractive employers by offering unique and non-traditional employee benefits and according to a U.S. poll conducted by Monster.com, work schedule flexibility is the most desirable soft (non-financial) benefit by a wide margin for job seekers (50%+). The next most popular benefit is personal time off/vacation carry-over. Less attractive options include: childcare availability, education reimbursement, and employee parties/social activities.
“Even the most dedicated employees value a healthy work/life balance,” said Mary Ellen Slayter, Career Advice Expert for Monster.com. “These findings show that flexibility and free time are more important than some of the other, often novel benefits. It’s important to understand the flexibility your company, or a prospective employer currently allows, and to explore options that could improve flexible work options. Additionally, some industries and job functions are better positioned to exploit this type of benefit than others. Every employee situation is different, but it appears most will appreciate this approach to their benefits package.”
Monster asked the following question to U.S. visitors on its site, “Which soft benefit (non-financial) is most important to you when looking for a new job?” The poll, which received 2,293 responses, resulted in the following findings:
• 69% of respondents selected: flexible work schedule/work life balance• 17% of respondents selected: personal time off/vacation carry over • 8% of respondents selected: education reimbursement • 4% of respondents selected: childcare availability • 2% of respondents selected: employee parties/social activities The results of the current Monster Poll are based on votes cast by visitors on the U.S. Monster homepage and social media channels from: October 21- November 4, 2013. The Monster Meter is an ongoing series of online polls that gauge users' opinions on a variety of topics relating to careers, the economy and the workplace. This poll is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts