(NASDAQ:AMZN)—Amazon today announced that it will donate $20 to customers’ favorite charitable organizations for every Kindle Fire HDX purchased today through Sunday on AmazonSmile. Customers can choose from nearly a million organizations around the country and order Kindle Fire HDX at http://smile.amazon.com/kindle20.
“We’ve been thrilled by the overwhelmingly positive response to AmazonSmile—our customers love knowing that we’ll donate to their favorite charitable organization every time they shop AmazonSmile at smile.amazon.com,” said Ian McAllister, General Manager, AmazonSmile. “In celebration of the holiday season, we’re excited to offer AmazonSmile customers a special offer for this week only—buy a Kindle Fire HDX at smile.amazon.com, and we’ll donate $20 to your favorite charitable organization. Happy Holidays!”
The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, twice the memory, and up to 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features like X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button.
When customers first go to AmazonSmile they’ll be asked to select their favorite charitable organization from almost a million eligible organizations—and that’s it. Once a customer has selected an organization on their first visit, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from any eligible purchases through AmazonSmile from that point forward (in addition to the $20 donation for every Kindle Fire HDX purchased this week), whether a customer shops just once or once a day. Customers can select a new charitable organization at any time, but don’t need to add any additional information or change the way they shop. All they need to do is remember to type smile.amazon.com into the browser on their PC, tablet or phone.AmazonSmile launched just over a month ago—here are some fun facts so far:
- Customers have chosen to support tens of thousands of different charitable organizations by shopping at AmazonSmile.
- The first items purchased on AmazonSmile were a Beach TrueAir Compact Pet Air Purifier and Bravo-fit Premium Shoe Stretchers, bought by a customer in Nashua, New Hampshire, in support of the Humane Society for Greater Nashua. In Nashua alone, there are more than 190 eligible organizations for customers to choose from on AmazonSmile.
- By the end of AmazonSmile’s first day, customers had supported charitable organizations in all 50 states.
- There are more eligible charities on AmazonSmile than there are people in San Francisco, California.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts