Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified collaboration, today announced that Peter A. Leav has joined the company as President and Chief Executive Officer. He also will serve as a Director on Polycom’s Board of Directors.
Leav succeeds interim CEO Kevin Parker, who will continue serving as Chairman of the Board of Polycom, and will work closely with Leav on a transition plan that continues Polycom’s focus on innovation, operational excellence and profitability.
“Peter’s strong background in operations, general management and sales, spanning a successful 20+ year career in communications, technology and services and his energy and passion are strong assets to take Polycom to the next level,” said Parker. “We are delighted to have Peter come on board to lead Polycom into the future. His experience leading a global organization and his proven track record of driving revenue and shareholder value made Peter the natural choice for us.”
Leav assumed the role on Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, and will be based out of the company’s global headquarters in Silicon Valley.“Polycom is a proven innovator and leading provider of secure, interoperable collaboration solutions to enterprises, from voice to video to content sharing,” Leav said. “The future opportunity is unlimited as most organizations across the world are just beginning to discover the amazing benefits Polycom collaboration solutions can bring to them. Providing the industry’s best end-to-end customer experience, while improving operating margin and driving long-term shareholder value, will be top priorities for me and for our Company. I am very excited to work with our team as we enhance our strategy, drive results and continue our innovation leadership in this evolving industry.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV