SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In order to reduce the challenges of managing a BYOD initiative and supporting a video-intensive flipped classroom environment, Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio chose Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, to bring its entire network into one manageable view and to provide the ability to set Quality of Service (QoS) priorities for multiple devices.
Wittenberg University's network required an upgrade to increase capacity and manage a BYOD strategy for 2,400 students, faculty and staff, as well as support the move to a managed video delivery system, Kaltura, integrated with their Learning Management System (LMS), Moodle. This was Wittenberg's first step in the development of a flipped classroom initiative to allow students, faculty and staff to create and store video content in their electronic classroom space and view it outside the classroom.
- Wittenberg deployed Extreme's S-Series® and C-Series switches, 3700 Series wireless access points (APs) for reliable indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi and the OneFabric® Control Center for unmatched visibility and ease-of-management.
- The network increased its core capacity from 1G to 10G and took the wireless capacity from G to N. Extreme's managed infrastructure upgrades will allow Wittenberg to also manage virtual desktop and virtual application delivery.
- By setting QoS measures, Wittenberg can now provide the ability for multiple users and devices to be connected to the network. In addition, it allows Wittenberg to extend its residential teaching and learning experience externally.
Executive Perspectives Rick Mickool, CIO, Wittenberg University "Wittenberg has been pleased with the ability to manage both the wired and wireless network as we are already seeing the benefits of the integration to one managed network. Having increased visibility and the capability to manage different service levels not only makes it easier for us, but also allows the University to provide critical services needed across the various combinations of users and functions."Bob Nilsson, Director of Vertical Solutions, Extreme Networks"The Extreme solution has enabled Wittenberg to extend its residential network, allowing more activities to take place off the physical campus. They have implemented innovative technologies in and out of the classroom, including Wi-Fi connected iPads to launch and control a wireless drone that captures video and virtual lab spaces. With its flipped classroom capability, Wittenberg provides a cutting-edge learning environment for its students while ensuring that QoS requirements and bandwidth priorities are met." Additional Resources San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com. Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, Summit, BlackDiamond, S-Series and OneFabric are registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners. Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov. Media Contacts: Jason KingExtreme Networks+1 603 952 5151 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV