SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Dec. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:PTLA) today announced two upcoming data presentations at the 55 th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition, which is being held in New Orleans from December 7-10. The Company also will webcast an investor briefing during the ASH Annual Meeting.
New data from a Phase 2 proof-of-concept study of andexanet alfa (PRT4445*), Portola's investigational Factor Xa inhibitor antidote, in healthy volunteers who received the Factor Xa inhibitor XARELTO ® (rivaroxaban) will be presented in a poster session. Andexanet alfa has been designated as a breakthrough therapy by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and has the potential to be a first-in-class agent that directly reverses the anticoagulant activity of Factor Xa inhibitors in patients with major bleeding or those needing emergency surgery.
Additionally, in vitro data on PRT2070, Portola's oral, dual spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk) and janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor, will be presented in a poster session. Portola is developing PRT2070 as a treatment for hematologic cancers and is evaluating the agent in a Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept clinical study in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or chronic lymphocytic leukemia, including those patients who have progressive or relapsed disease, genetically-defined subtypes or acquired mutations.The abstracts are available at https://ash.confex.com/ash/2013/webprogram/Paper56863.html and https://ash.confex.com/ash/2013/webprogram/Paper63738.html and were published online in the November 15 supplemental volume of Blood. Details of the poster presentations and investor briefing webcast follow. Andexanet Alfa
- Abstract title: Phase 2 Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Demonstrating Reversal of Rivaroxaban-Induced Anticoagulation in Healthy Subjects By Andexanet Alfa (PRT064445), an Antidote for Fxa Inhibitors
- Poster Presenter: Mark Crowther, M.D., M.Sc., associate chair, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- Date/Time: Monday, December 9, 6:00-8:00 p.m. Central Time (CT)
- Session: 332. Antithrombotic Therapy: Poster III
- Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Hall E
- Abstract title: Dual SYK/JAK Inhibition Has a Broader Anti-Tumor Activity in Both ABC and GCB Types of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma
- Poster Presenter: Y. Lynn Wang, M.D., Ph.D., professor and medical director, Division of Genomic and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago
- Date/Time: Saturday, December 7, 5:30-7:30 p.m. CTSession: 625. Lymphoma: Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy and Biologic Agents: Poster I
- Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Hall G