LAS VEGAS, Dec. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xumanii (DBA Imerjn) (OTCQB:XUII), announced that it will enter the tablet market with a new Imerjn branded tablet computer. The Company will offer a 10 inch and 7 inch tablet computer. The Tablet will run the Google Android operating system and is expected to be ready for sale in January 2014.
Imerjn CEO, Adam Radly, said "We are very excited about announcing our first product to be released under the Imerjn brand. We are not interested in competing on price and will focus on the specific requirements of our target market. The Imerjn brand is mostly focused on the 18-35 year old demographic and we will more specifically serve a sub segment of users that are in creative fields and / or value individual expression as opposed to being corporate drones - no offense intended to corporate drones. We will serve our market by building a suite of apps over time that will be dedicated to this target market along with providing a more individualized and less conformist customer experience."
According to research from IDC, shipments of tablets will exceed all PCs in the fourth quarter of 2013 and, by 2015, annual shipments of tablets are projected to be higher than those of all PCs (calculated on a unit basis). IDC projects that 227 million tablets will be shipped in 2013, compared to 134 million desktop PCs and 180 million laptops. By all measures, tablet sales are exploding. The projected total growth rate for tablets over the next four years is expected to be 79 percent. This even higher than the projected growth rate for smart phones which is expected to be 71 percent over the same period of time.As far as operating systems are concerned, Canalys projects that devices running Google's Android operating system are projected to be approximately 65% of the tablet market in 2014 (compared to 30% for Apple).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV