(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced its second annual 12 Days of Deals for books, a holiday promotion where popular and best-selling books are deeply discounted off their list price. Starting today and continuing through December 14, both print and Kindle books will be discounted under daily common themes that will make it easy for customers to stock their own libraries or buy books for everyone on their gift lists.
Today’s theme is Best Books of 2013, featuring Donna Tartt’s top-rated book,
. Customers can check back every day at
to find deals in categories such as Young Adult, Cookbooks, Gifts for Her and Gifts for Him.
Kindle deals start at 12:01 am PST each day at
and are available for 24 hours. Today’s deals in Kindle books are:
- Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch—$2.99 (80% off the list price)
- Philipp Meyer’s The Son—$2.99 (82% off the list price)
- Hannah Kent’s Burial Rites—$2.99 (77% off the list price)
Print book deals will be discounted throughout the day (8 am PST - 8 pm PST) in 4 hour increments. Today’s deals in print books are:
- Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch—$8.99 (70% off the list price)
- Philipp Meyer’s The Son—$12.99 (53% off the list price)
- Robert Galbraith’s The Cuckoo’s Calling—$11.99 (54% off the list price)
“We’re so excited to include our pick for the best book of the year, Donna Tartt’s
, in 12 Days of Deals, and we have many great books lined up for every day of this promotion,” said Sara Nelson, Editorial Director of Books & Kindle at Amazon. “We think giving the gift of reading is always thoughtful, whether you’re wrapping a book for under the tree or gifting a Kindle book.”
Kindle gifts can be sent to anyone with an email address—for immediate delivery or scheduled for a future date—or customers can print a gift notification at home for personal delivery.