Trade-Ideas: ONEOK (OKE) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- OKE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $66.5 million.
- OKE is up 3.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OKE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OKE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OKE: ONEOK, Inc. operates as a diversified energy company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: ONEOK Partners, Natural Gas Distribution, and Energy Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. OKE has a PE ratio of 42.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate ONEOK a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for ONEOK has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ONEOK has a market cap of $12.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 1.12 and a short float of 3.2% with 4.85 days to cover. Shares are up 37% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ONEOK as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OKE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 111.58% to $233.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ONEOK INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 34.00%.
- ONEOK INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ONEOK INC reported lower earnings of $1.65 versus $1.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.79 versus $1.65).
- OKE's share price has surged by 28.52% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Gas Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ONEOK INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full ONEOK Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV