Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM), in advance of its Annual Investor Meeting, reconfirms its full-year 2013 EPS forecast of high-single to low double-digit decline versus prior year, excluding Special Items. Yum! expects to deliver at least 20% EPS growth in 2014, excluding Special Items.
David C. Novak, Chairman and CEO, said, “We expect to have a strong bounceback in 2014 following a year that is clearly below our high expectations. In China, we have an aggressive plan to reignite sales at KFC and we expect continued strong performance at Pizza Hut Casual Dining. In addition, our international new-unit development pipeline remains extremely robust. We expect to open at least 1,850 new restaurants outside the U.S., further strengthening our leadership position in emerging markets. We also expect continued development momentum in the U.S. and are excited about our upcoming national breakfast launch at Taco Bell.
“Importantly, with our recent announcement to combine our Yum! Restaurants International (YRI) and U.S. individual divisions for KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, effective January 1, 2014, we are well positioned to more aggressively accelerate growth in the years ahead. We remain focused on the three keys to driving shareholder value: new-unit development, same-store sales growth and generating high returns on invested capital.”
2014 OVERALL GUIDANCEYum! expects to deliver at least 20% EPS growth in 2014, excluding Special Items.
- China Division operating profit growth of at least 40%
- At least 1,850 new international units, including:
- 700 new units in China
- 150 new units in India
- At least 600 new units at KFC
- At least 400 new units at Pizza Hut
- Global capital expenditures of $1.2 billion
- Worldwide G&A increase of about 4%
- Estimated tax rate for years 2014 – 2016 between 26% and 28%
- Foreign currency translation expected to have a slightly negative impact on earnings
- Interest expense expected to be about $140MM
- 1% reduction in average diluted shares outstanding as a result of share repurchases
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts