NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yamana Gold (AUY) was firmly in the red on Monday as gold miners suffered from an industry-wide selloff. Investors were fleeing the stocks after gold prices tumbled to their lowest levels since July.
The Canadian miner shed 5.5% to $8.59, adding to the company's year-to-date losses of 50.2%.
Gold prices were lower after November manufacturing data came in at the highest levels since mid-2011, sparking concerns the Federal Reserve would begin tapering monetary stimulus. By late afternoon, bullion was selling 2.3% lower to $1,219.71 an ounce.
- AUY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that AUY's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.56, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for Yamana Gold is rather high; currently it is at 53.24%. Regardless of AUY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.51% trails the industry average.
- AUY, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 25.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 27.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $59.96 million to $43.45 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $99.08 million or 72.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AUY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV