NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO - Get Report) was one of the biggest losers in an industry-wide sell-off in the gold mining industry after gold prices tumbled to their lowest levels since July.
The Vancouver-based gold miner shed 7.5% to $5.65, adding to the company's year-to-date losses of 56.1%.
Gold prices were lower after November manufacturing data came in at the highest levels since mid-2011, sparking concerns the Federal Reserve would begin tapering monetary stimulus. By late afternoon, bullion was selling 2.3% lower to $1,219.71 an ounce.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EGO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The gross profit margin for Eldorado Gold Corp is rather high; currently it is at 57.96%. Regardless of EGO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.67% trails the industry average.
- Eldorado Gold Corp has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, Eldorado Gold Corp reported lower earnings of 45 cents a share vs. 59 cents a share in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $75.85 million to $36.41 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: EGO Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts