Colorado Technical University (CTU) is ranked Top 20 on the Military Times ’ “Best of Vets: Online and Nontraditional Colleges” list for the second consecutive year. The highly respected college survey is an editorially independent news project that evaluates multiple factors that make a higher education institution a good fit for military veterans.
"We’re honored to once again be recognized as a ‘Best of Vets’ university. The distinction represents our continuous work with the military community to provide first-rate service to veterans as they pursue higher education," said Jack Koehn, president of CTU. "Earning a degree is important goal for service members transitioning into the civilian workforce and we’re proud to provide the support they need to advance to their careers after serving their country.”
Military Times – comprised of Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, Marine Corps Times – placed a new emphasis on academic rigor this year. Other factors in their analysis include: service member enrollment, percentage of tuition covered by the GI Bill, availability of specific programs to help service members, graduation rates and student-faculty ratio.
Nearly 600 schools responded to this year’s “Best for Vets: Colleges 2014” survey sponsored by Military Times, an independent source of news and information for the military community. Universities and colleges were rated on multiple factors identified by the publication as being highly valued by student veterans. Below is a snapshot of how CTU measures up against these factors.
- CTU participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program (or Post-9/11 GI Bill ) at the highest level permitted and has no restriction on the number of students or programs that are eligible for these funds.
- CTU’s dedicated military admissions advisors work with services members and veterans to begin or continue their education.
- CTU’s Department of Military Education has representation in every administrative department with more than 100 staff members who are trained to assist with military and veteran students and their spouses.
- CTU provides a complete and early transfer credit evaluation for students and encourages every military or veteran student to request a military transcript for evaluation. CTU applies American Council on Education recommended transfer credit where academically feasible and in compliance with accreditor and university guidelines.
- CTU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCACS).