NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Volume is low at the NYSE on Cyber Monday and the major indices are flat.
Jason Weisberg of Seaport Securities told TheStreet's Debra Borchardt that a pullback seems unlikely because many investors are being forced to chase the market higher in hopes of boosting their annual performance.
He added that a lot of market participants have missed the big upside move since the summer and now they're paying the price, literally.
So where do we go from here?
Weisberg predicted the Dow Jones Industrial Average would end 2013 near 16,400, while the S&P 500 should finish around 1,825.He added that the broader markets should finish near the highs of the year, but we could experience some small selling pressure in the final week due to profit taking. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV