Seasonal offerings include the Pumpkin Spice Latte, Peppermint Mocha, Egg Nog Latte, Gingerbread Latte and Loaf.
How many of us can say we went to Starbucks on Thanksgiving or Black Friday or Christmas over the last year? I would say many of us have.
The company has successfully created products connected to something larger -- the holidays -- and now gives its customers something to look forward to throughout the season.
Lastly, let us quickly take a look at Williams-Sonoma, the company that brought the concept of Peppermint Bark to many people. For only $27, you can pick up a decent-sized box of this sweet treat for yourself or a friend.
Williams-Sonoma truly embraces the seasons year after year. Sections within the company Web site such as "Celebrate the Season" really highlight this focus.
The company offers holiday-themed products in all of its lines: food, entertainment, bakeware and decor.
Of the three companies we're discussing today, Williams-Sonoma caters to perhaps highest-earning customers.
Analysts recently have suggested that higher-end retail will outperform this holiday season. I would think Williams-Sonoma really fits this bill as the bulk of its product offerings are available only to high earners. I feel the combination of seasonal focus and higher-priced luxury products sets the company up well for this holiday season.
I expect these three companies to outperform the vast majority of consumer-discretionary companies this holiday season.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV