NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The broader markets were up and down in a volatile trading session before ultimately closing flat on Wednesday.
On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said Microsoft (MSFT) could continue higher but doesn't have a ton of growth potential.
Brian Kelly, founder of Brian Kelly Capital, said the new management change should help with execution and would be a positive for Microsoft stock.
Josh Brown, a financial adviser at Ritholtz Wealth Management, said Twitter (TWTR) does not trade based on traditional valuation and he suggested that investors wait for its first earnings report before making a decision on the stock.Adami said Twitter needs to trade down to the mid-$30s before it becomes compelling enough to buy. Tim Seymour, managing partner of Triogem Asset Management, said Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) is undervalued based on 2014 earnings and its free-cash flow generation. Kelly argued HP stock is up 100% year-to-date and has already priced in CEO Meg Whitman's five-year turnaround plan, making the stock overvalued. Brown concurred.
Kelly said Las Vegas Sands (LVS) is undervalued and could go higher based on growth in international and emerging markets. Jordan Rohan, senior analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, was a guest on the show. He said Facebook (FB) is likely to be one of the next candidates added to the S&P 500. The stock has formed a nice base in the mid-$40s and the SnapChap acquisition would remove investors' uncertainty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV