Off the Tape
In his "Off The Tape" segment, Cramer sat down with Ken Austin, co-founder and chairman of the privately held Tequila Avion, the fastest-growing premium tequila maker.
Austin said in an industry dominated by giants he set out with little more than an entrepreneurial spirit to create the world's best tequila. He said as a privately held company there aren't pressures to cut costs or cut corners, which has helped the company achieve its goal.
While there has always been a dominant number one player in tequila, there's never been a clear number two player, Austin continued. But thanks to regular appearances on the hit TV show "Entourage," which happened by chance, quality met lifestyle and Avion was recently voted the best tequila.Cramer saluted Austin and his entrepreneurship, saying he embodies some of the best attributes America has to offer.
Am I Diversified?In the "Am I Diversified?" segment, Cramer spoke with callers and responded to tweets sent via Twitter to @JimCramer to see if investors' portfolios have what it takes for today's markets.
The first portfolio included Netflix (NFLX), Pfizer (PFE), EOG Resources (EOG), Tractor Supply (TSCO) and Spirit Airlines (SAVE). Cramer said this portfolio was properly diversified. The second portfolio's top holdings included Phillip Morris (PM), McDonald's (MCD), Boeing (BA), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and Cemex (CX). Cramer said he'd replace Phillip Morris with an industrial like General Electric (GE). To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV