With all this confusion, Cramer said good riddance to the whole group until we get some stability.
After underperforming for the past three years, the Canadian economy is heating up, Cramer told viewers. That means its stock market will be playing catch-up. Canadian stocks may only be up 7.1% for 2013 compared to 25% for the S&P 500, but Cramer found seven stocks he said would make an excellent addition to a well-diversified portfolio.The first two on Cramer's list are Shaw Communications (SJR) and Rogers Communications (RCI). Cramer said Shaw has a global television network with 17 channels pumping out content. The stock trades at an 8% discount to its peers. Meanwhile, Rogers is the largest wireless operator in Canada and has media assets and the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team. Anytime an economy is on the mend, you need banks. That's why the next four stocks on Cramer's list are Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS), a global bank with a 4% yield; Bank of Montreal (BMO), another high-yielding bank; Royal Bank of Canada (RY) and Toronto Dominion (TD). Cramer said any of these banks would make an excellent portfolio stock. Finally, there is Ritchie Brothers (RBA), the industrial auctioneers that bring invaluable expertise and information to buyers of large industrial equipment and machinery. Ritchie currently trades at 22.8 times earnings with a 15.3% growth rate, making it not expensive at all in Cramer's book.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on General Motors (GM), KeyCorp (KEY), Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR), New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) and Sirius XM Radio (SIRI). Cramer was bearish on Ford Motor (F), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI), Superior Industries (SUP), WPX Energy (WPX) and Cumulus Media (CMLS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV