Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:02 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, trading as NCLH, announced a 22 million-share secondary offering. Cramer said it's a "good indicator for business" when secondaries go well. NCLH was down 1% at $33.24.
"I think that Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) is taking market share from Cisco Systems (CSCO). This is one of the big winners," Cramer said before recommending investors buy, buy, buy. ALU closed 1.6% lower at $4.35.
BP (BP) made headlines Wednesday because the United Kingdom is urging the Environmental Protection Agency to "stop picking on" the British company involved in the gulf oil spill disaster, and allow it to buy some oil leases. "Be careful, United States, this is a big rift," Cramer warned. BP was up 19 cents to $46.77.It's coverage day from the underwriters on CommScope (COMM), which has already garnered six buy recommendations, Cramer said. COMM was up 6 cents to $17.02. Sears Holdings (SHLD) are down but not because CEO Eddie Lampert is personally selling shares, but due to "redemptions of his fund," Cramer noted. SHLD dropped 8.3% to $50.92. Credit Suisse likes Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH) and Cramer agrees. However, he suggests investors "buy G-III Apparel Group (GIII)," which is licensed to sell PVH's products. PVH ended the day up 19 cents to $132.11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV