NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The holiday shopping season unofficially began with Thanksgiving.
According to TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Monday and Tuesday are relatively quiet before Express (EXPR) reports earnings on Wednesday morning. Investors want to know if the company can surprise analysts with another earnings beat, Umar said.
Before the open on Thursday will be the second revision to the third quarter GDP, at 8:30 a.m. EST. The first estimate showed GDP growth of 2.8% compared to 2.5% in the second quarter.
Dollar General (DG), Kroger (KR) and Jos. A. Bank Clothiers (JOSB) will report Thursday morning. Investors will want to hear what JOSB's management is thinking regarding the $55 per share offer from Men's Wearhouse (MW), she added.Five Below (FIVE), Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) and Zumiez ZUMZ will report after the close.
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) will report on Friday morning. Also on Friday, the nonfarm payrolls report for the month of November will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST. Last month 204,000 jobs were added to the economy, crushing economists' expectations of 120,000. Umar concluded that another strong jobs report could fuel speculation the Federal Reserve will taper its bond buying program sooner, rather than later. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV