3. As of noon trading, Applied Materials ( AMAT) is down $0.14 (-0.8%) to $17.16 on light volume. Thus far, 2.6 million shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.14-$17.28 after having opened the day at $17.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.30. Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services, and software to the semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic (PV), and related industries worldwide. Applied Materials has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 82.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 51.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Applied Materials a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Applied Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Applied Materials Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts