4. As of noon trading, Westar Energy ( WR) is up $0.36 (1.1%) to $31.72 on average volume. Thus far, 659,301 shares of Westar Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.45-$31.78 after having opened the day at $31.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.36. Westar Energy, Inc., an electric utility, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Kansas. Westar Energy has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Westar Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Westar Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Westar Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts