Kass: Everybody in the Pool
One day, perhaps in the near future, our investment pool will be drained.
When that will happen (tomorrow, in two weeks, in two months or in two years) is anyone's guess.
While the catalyst to the first meaningful market correction (in some time) can never be known for sure, it could come in the form of poor forward profit guidance, recognition that profit margins will mean revert or, more likely, it might just be that buyers have been sated when they all are in the same pool.
In less than five years, we have moved from a generational market low to a generational market high, and investors (many of which started 2013 in a sour mood) are now anticipating a sequel in the year ahead.
This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 9:59 a.m. EST on Dec. 2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV