CHICAGO, Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced it is the first and only airline to offer premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled transcontinental flight between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and San Francisco and between New York JFK and Los Angeles.
The airline has completed an extensive redesign of 15 Boeing 757-200s that fly these p.s. "Premium Service" routes.
The revamped p.s. aircraft offer 28 180-degree flat-bed United BusinessFirst seats, offering up to 6'4" of sleeping space and more room for storage; 42 extra-legroom United Economy Plus seats; and 72 United Economy seats.
Designed to give customers an experience comparable to long-haul, international flights, United's refurbished p.s. aircraft also offer:
- Inflight Wi-Fi
- Personal, on-demand entertainment at every seat - with 15.4" monitors in United BusinessFirst and 9" monitors in United Economy - offering hundreds of movies and television shows, plus other entertainment options
- Power outlets and USB ports at every seat
- Two additional inches of legroom in United Economy Plus compared to Economy Plus legroom on pre-renovation p.s. service
- Multi-course meals in United BusinessFirst on most flights
- Wine selections recommended by Doug Frost, United's Master Sommelier and Master of Wine, including half bottles of premium wines for purchase in United Economy
- Premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight from the continental United States
- Satellite-fed Wi-Fi on more than 130 aircraft so far, with nearly all of United's mainline fleet outfitted with Wi-Fi by the end of 2014
- An all-new mobile application for the iOS 7 platform, offering customers innovative new features, better functionality and an improved touch-friendly design
- Live television on more than 200 aircraft, the world's largest fleet of aircraft with live television
- Significantly upgraded United Club lounges in Chicago O'Hare Terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego, with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts