Blackbaud, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLKB) today updated The Blackbaud Index with charitable giving trends through October 2013 and announced the launch of a new faith-based specialty index that tracks fundraising revenue for congregations and other faith-based organizations.
Based on data from 3,828 charities that raised more than $12 billion in the prior 12 months, The Blackbaud Index reported that overall charitable giving grew 2.3 percent for the three months ending October 2013, as compared to the same period in 2012.
Among 3,097 charities that raised nearly $1.7 billion online in the prior 12 months, online giving grew 9.9 percent in the same three-month period, as compared to the same period in 2012.
"This year has been a better year for the nonprofit sector than it has been in a number of years," said Chuck Longfield, Blackbaud’s chief scientist and creator of the Index. "Giving is very dependent on the stock market, which is at an all-time high. With the improving economy, some of the uncertainty has been removed. People tend to donate more when they feel wealthier, and the stock market helps with that."Revenue grows for faith-based organizationsOverall fundraising revenue for 334 churches, synagogues, and other faith-based organizations that represent nearly $1.2 billion in annual revenue grew 3.5 percent in the three months ending October 2013, as compared to the same period in 2012. Online giving at 202 congregations and other faith-based groups that raised a total of more than $110 million over 12 months grew 16.7 percent during the same period. Blackbaud also released a report today focused on charitable giving trends in the faith-based sector, featuring interviews with fundraising consultants from Dunham+Company and Giving Matters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV