Brandywine Realty (NYSE: BDN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. Brandywine Realty Trust is a publically owned real estate investment trust. The firm invests in real estate markets of the United States. It makes investments in office, mixed-use, and industrial properties. The average volume for Brandywine Realty has been 1,081,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brandywine Realty has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Brandywine Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 21.62%. Regardless of BDN's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BDN's net profit margin of 7.60% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $16.83 million to $10.98 million.
- You can view the full Brandywine Realty Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts