Colony Financial (NYSE: CLNY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.00%. Colony Financial, Inc. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.49. The average volume for Colony Financial has been 696,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colony Financial has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Colony Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and growth in earnings per share. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLNY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 79.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COLONY FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.33%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 54.54% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 98.32% to $32.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLONY FINANCIAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.44%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 70.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.56 million to $26.45 million.
- COLONY FINANCIAL INC has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLONY FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $1.34 versus $1.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.38 versus $1.34).
- You can view the full Colony Financial Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts