TECO Energy (NYSE: TE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. TECO Energy, Inc., an electric and gas utility holding company, engages in the regulated electric and gas utility operations. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.34. The average volume for TECO Energy has been 2,241,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. TECO Energy has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates TECO Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 42.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.00 million to $62.80 million.
- TE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, TE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.26, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Multi-Utilities industry. Despite the fact that TE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.62 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full TECO Energy Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts