What To Buy: Top 5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: BP, MO, VVC, EPD, WPC
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- VECTREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VECTREN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.93 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.06 versus $1.93).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 128.66% to $134.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VECTREN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 26.45%.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Vectren Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.