On Dec. 6, customers across the nation will have the opportunity to spread joy and goodwill as Macy’s National Believe Day returns for a fifth season of giving. As part of Macy’s nostalgic Believe campaign, which was inspired by the New York Sun’s famous editorial “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus,” National Believe Day was created to spread the season’s message of kindness and generosity toward others.
To mark the fifth anniversary of this special day, Macy’s and Make-A-Wish will grant more than 50 special “Wishes Across America” to children with life-threatening medical conditions. In addition, on National Believe Day only, Macy's is inviting customers to help deliver a special $1 million day. For every stamped letter mailed at a Macy’s red Santa Mail letterbox in-store, Macy’s will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish, above the existing $1 million campaign goal. With the help of “Believers” across the nation, this new element of Macy’s Believe program will help Macy’s reach up to $2 million in total for Make-A-Wish during this year’s campaign. Macy’s is also encouraging customers to share a photo or video of their moment mailing a letter to Santa at Macy’s Believe Station to Instagram, Twitter or Vine using #MacysBelieve, to be considered for the opportunity to be in a Macy’s television commercial airing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
“Macy’s National Believe Day continues to bring together communities across the country during the holiday season through acts of true compassion and generosity,” said Martine Reardon, Macy’s chief marketing officer. “We are amazed year after year by the overwhelming support Macy’s and Make-A-Wish receive from customers nationwide and the program’s positive impact on children with life-threatening medical conditions. With the help of Macy’s customers, we hope to do even more good this year and reach our goal to create a million dollar day.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV