In the meantime, consider this list of booksellers – whether brick and mortar, or online – in light of the upcoming holiday shopping season.
Click on the interactive charts to view yearly returns over time.
Do Barnes & Noble's sales indicate trouble for the rest of the industry? Use the list of book sellers below to begin your own analysis.1. Courier Corporation ( CRRC): Engages in printing, publishing, and selling books. Market cap at $197.41M, most recent closing price at $17.56. 2. Amazon.com Inc. ( AMZN): Operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. Market cap at $170.15B, most recent closing price at $372.31. 3. Barnes & Noble, Inc. ( BKS): Operates as a content, commerce, and technology company in the United States. Market cap at $929.12M, most recent closing price at $15.81. 4. Noah Education Holdings Ltd. ( NED): Provides education services in the People's Republic of China. Market cap at $88.12M, most recent closing price at $2.41. 5. Pearson plc ( PSO): Engages in education, business information, and consumer publishing businesses worldwide. Market cap at $17.57B, most recent closing price at $21.77. 6. Scholastic Corporation ( SCHL): Operates as a children's publishing, education, and media company primarily in the United States. Market cap at $1.01B, most recent closing price at $31.66. ( List compiled by James Dennin, a Kapitall Writer. Yearly returns sourced from Zacks Investment Research, all other data sourced from Finviz.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV