BEIJING, Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Huaneng Power International, Inc. ("HPI" or the "Company") (NYSE:HNP; HKEx:902; SSE:600011) today announced that an F-class gas fired combined cycle generating unit (Unit 5, with gross capacity of 406 MW) of Tuas Power Limited, which is wholly-owned by the Company in Singapore, had recently put into operation. During the year of 2013, the electricity market in Singapore has been facing much more fierce competition. The completion of Unit 5 will help maintain Tuas Power's competitive position in the market in Singapore.
To date, the Company's total controlled generation capacity has increased to 66,747MW from 66,341 MW, and total equity-based generation capacity has increased to 59,561MW from 59,155 MW.
About the Company
The Company is one of China's largest listed power producers with controlled generation capacity of 66,747 MW and equity-based generation capacity of 59,561 MW. The power plants of the Company are located in 19 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions in China. The Company also has a wholly-owned power company in Singapore.For enquiries, please contact: Huaneng Power International, Inc. Ms. MENG Jing / Ms. ZHAO LinTel: (8610) 6608 6765 / 6322 6596Fax: (8610) 6641 2321Email: email@example.com Wonderful Sky Financial Group Limited Ms. Olive Zhang/ Ms. Erica Tao / Mr. Henry Li/ Ms. Irene Gao Tel: (852) 2851 1038Fax: (852) 2865 1638Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com SOURCE Huaneng Power International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV