ATLANTA, Dec. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cbeyond, Inc. (Nasdaq:CBEY), the technology ally for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), was recently recognized with multiple awards for communications excellence, winning seven International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Golden Flame Awards and two awards from the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) in November 2013.
On November 13, Cbeyond was recognized with the following IABC Golden Flame Awards for Marketing Communications, Internal Communications, and Community Relations work:
- Gold for "Captivate Elevator Video" Campaign (Category 14 – Marketing Communications)
- Gold for "Cbeyond Week of Service 2012: Raising the Bar" (Category 16 – Employee/Member Communication)
- Gold for "Taking Cbeyond's Intranet from Good to Great" (Category 23 – Electronic and Digital Communication)
- Gold for "What's Not to Like? Android Smartphone Campaign" (Category 24 – Social Media)
- Silver for "Technology Ally" Rebrand (Category 19 – Brand Communication)
- Bronze for "31 Days of Yammer: How Cbeyond Created a Spark in its Yammer Community" (Category 24 – Social Media)
- Bronze for "Taking Cbeyond's Intranet from Good to Great" (Category 31 – Interactive Media Design)
The Golden Flame Awards represent the highest honor bestowed by IABC. They acknowledge merit for form, function, process and creativity, and most importantly, measured results.On November 5, Cbeyond's CMO Paul Carmody and Cbeyond were awarded the 2013 TAG Social Savvy Award in the Best Vision for Alignment category, for alignment of marketing communications and business recruiting. The First Annual TAG Social Savvy Awards recognize leaders for advancing the art and science of using social media within the business environment to build better innovation, collaboration and communication. Cbeyond was also recognized by TAG within the B2B CMO Marketer of the Year (finalist); Public Relations Marketer of the Year (finalist); and Social Media Marketer of the Year (winner) categories of the 4th annual Tech Marketing Awards, held November 7. The Tech Marketing Awards recognize individuals whose ingenuity, efforts, leadership and foresight in marketing technology have made a significant contribution and positive impact within their own company. Paul Carmody, Cbeyond's CMO, was a finalist for the 2013 Atlanta Telecom Professionals (ATP) Awards in the "Technology/Service Provider" category on November 14. The award recognizes leaders at companies that create or innovate with communications technology. "As a part of Cbeyond's 'Year of Good to Great', our internal and external communications and community affairs teams have raised the bar to represent and build our brand within employee, customer and local communities nationwide," said Paul Carmody, chief marketing officer, Cbeyond. "We have an outstanding team here at Cbeyond and appreciate the creativity and passion for excellence these industry-leading awards represent."