Dec. 2, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- At the 99th Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of
(NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) continues to demonstrate its technology leadership in imaging solutions with a portfolio of integrated imaging and clinical informatics solutions that deliver the most advanced image quality, critical information and connectivity for seamless real-time collaboration among clinicians and fast, confident decision making.
"Over the past years we have seen fundamental changes in the way radiologists do their work," said
, CEO, Imaging Systems at Philips Healthcare. "In fact, by developing innovations in partnership with clinicians, we have helped drive a transformation that has enhanced radiology's role in all aspects of the patient journey, from prevention to diagnosis to recovery and after care."
In addition to the debut of
IQon Spectral CT
unveiled yesterday, Philips is also showcasing the following solutions at RSNA 2013, designed to drive clinical performance, enhance patient experience and ensure economic value.
Driving Clinical Performance
With its technological advances in image quality and anatomical intelligence, Philips' imaging portfolio allows more accurate, definitive diagnoses and therapy that can lead to enhanced care and better outcomes for patients. These advances are demonstrated in
with ClarityIQ technology, a recent breakthrough in live image guidance, introduced into the U.S. market at RSNA 2013. Developed in collaboration with interventional physicians, AlluraClarity features low X-ray dose settings and simplified workflow procedures to help improve both the user and patient experience.
Philips' innovative technology is designed to "recognize" what is being viewed so clinicians get answers – not just images – to help them make the best decisions to save lives, while seamless informatics solutions provide collaboration and integration of data throughout the continuum of care.
Enhancing Patient Experience
- The IntelliSpace family of clinical informatics solutions supports the analysis, interpretation and presentation of critical patient data, working seamlessly within existing hospital systems to allow clinicians to easily access and share information through the most complex clinical domains including radiology, oncology, neurology, cardiology and trauma.
- IntelliSpace Portal further supports clinical performance with ease of use, through a vendor-neutral approach, and an intuitive PACS integration. It features advanced visualization through a true multi-modality solution [computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR), nuclear medicine (NM)] automatic and quantitative measurements converted into tables and graphs for easy reporting and new applications via a yearly "heart beat" update.
- As a managed service, IntelliSpace PACS allows clinicians to take advantage of new innovations, built-in scalability, proactive monitoring, automated remote disaster recovery and software upgrades and platform advancements when they become available, at no additional cost.
- Ingenia MR changed expectations in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as the first-ever digital broadband MR. The next generation Ingenia sets the new clinical standard, helping to diagnose with confidence, explore new applications, and generate the productivity required to meet today's healthcare challenges.
- With Premium IQ, Ingenia enables more diagnostic information and consistency through digital clarity and speed.
- Ingenia now has iPatient, Philips' advanced platform to deliver patient-centric imaging consistently and efficiently.
- Philips has made Advanced MR more accessible to mainstream radiology through efficient and comprehensive applications in neurology, oncology and cardiology.
Philips collaborates with clinicians and researchers to deliver the highest level of personalized care. As part of the company's focus on allowing people and technology to interact in a more comfortable and natural way, Philips pays special attention to patient-friendly environments in healthcare facilities. Philips' innovative technology helps reduce exam times and offers soothing environments and design concepts that integrate light, texture and ergonomics. Improved outcomes are also seen through low dose and radiation management, without compromising image quality.
Ensuring Economic Value
- MicroDose Mammography SI – new spectral benefits, proven low dose
- At RSNA 2013, Philips Mammography will be showcasing the next generation of MicroDose with Single-Shot Spectral Imaging (SI) together with the first clinical application – Spectral Breast Density Measurement. 1
- The Philips MicroDose SI is the first full-field digital mammography system on the market capable of non-contrast spectral imaging within the routine low-dose mammogram.
- As in existing MicroDose SI systems, MicroDose SI uses direct, digital photon-counting technology. This unique technology has created a paradigm shift in mammography, enabling high-dose efficiency that makes it possible to conduct exams with low radiation dose – without compromising image quality.
- The MicroDose SI provides the same low dose as the MicroDose with an increase of up to 11 percent of the technical image quality. 2 MicroDose SI provides industry-leading 50μm resolution and has shown great clinical performance, even in dense breasts. One customer reported the exquisite image quality of the MicroDose SI has allowed him to go down in dose compared to his MicroDose L30 by more than 30 percent and still achieve excellent image quality.
- Philips Healthcare Experience Solutions provide a positive environment for patients and healthcare professionals to enhance clinical processes and patient care by delivering experience consulting services and technologies that allow greater control of the healthcare experience.
- Philips works with hospitals and healthcare facilities to customize and enhance staff productivity and workflow with consulting solutions ranging from strategic planning to comprehensive designs and implementation of technology. These custom, patient-focused details help set hospitals apart from their competitors – allowing them to attract and retain not only patients, but also talented professionals.
- Ambient Experience Room Solutions offer a purposefully designed environment that uses dynamic lighting, video and sound to make patients feel comfortable and reduce anxiety in advance of an imaging procedure. It can lead to more patient contact, improved workflow and patient care. Ambient Experience transforms a standard imaging room into one that creates a soothing and empowering patient environment.
The Philips portfolio of integrated imaging and clinical informatics solutions helps to efficiently deliver quality care to more patients. Philips' upgrade programs, service and consultancy offerings, and unique delivery models are designed to help clinicians maximize their investments by creating the shortest path to the best care at the lowest cost.
- Unveiled to the U.S. market at RSNA 2013, EPIQ ushers in a new era in premium ultrasound. It was designed to meet the needs of today's ultrasound department, with enhanced clinical information and faster, more consistent exams that are easier to perform. EPIQ combines Philips' most powerful and innovative technologies for new levels of clinical confidence.
- EPIQ's unique combination of n SIGHT Imaging and PureWave transducers provides the clinical information clinicians need to make a definitive diagnosis, even on technically difficult patients.
- EPIQ's tablet-like touch interface and intuitive design simplifies workflow and provides superb ergonomics. EPIQ's Anatomical Intelligence elevates ultrasound from a passive to an active device with advanced organ modeling, image slicing and proven quantification, making exams easier to perform and more reproducible.
- Smartpath to dStream is a cost-effective way to provide digital broadband MRI. As clinicians are being asked to be more productive, while increasing focus on quality of care at the same time, dStream delivers premium imaging quality with digital clarity and speed, and supports a radiologist's ability to diagnose with confidence, while meeting productivity demands. In its latest release at RSNA 2013, new clinical features deliver fast and robust MR, providing much needed solutions for neurology, trauma, pediatric and fatty liver patients, as well as routine fat saturation.
- MobileDiagnost wDR provides premium solutions for quality images, delivering digital radiography where and when it is needed. Clinicians receive the same excellent image quality and improved workflow efficiency of a Philips premium digital radiography room in a flexible mobile X-ray system.