Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced significant speech recognition accuracy and workflow enhancements to the PowerScribe 360 platform that will enable a quality, data-driven approach to radiology reporting for radiology groups, hospitals and healthcare systems. The latest version of the PowerScribe 360 platform allows radiologists to more easily navigate changing reimbursement models by driving efficiencies in the creation of actionable, structured reports that directly improve patient care.
Unsurpassed Accuracy Powers Faster Turnaround of Actionable Reports
The next generation of the PowerScribe 360 platform is built on the same technology as Dragon Medical 12. Nuance’s latest and most advanced speech recognition provides unmatched speed and accuracy in radiology reporting. The new release also includes the automated integration of DICOM Structured Report data, such as radiation dose, ultrasound measurements and other important clinical information, which accelerates the delivery of a thorough report. In addition, new features make it easier for radiologists to monitor and manage their workloads, and expand current mobile capabilities so that referring clinicians are able to review reports on-the-go.
“Our move to the latest version of PowerScribe 360 has demonstrated improvements in word recognition. It also offers a workflow tool set that helps us create more accurate reports,” said Dr. David Mendelson, chief of clinical informatics, Mount Sinai Medical Center. “In addition, PowerScribe 360 integrates the peer review process and automates the incorporation of information from other systems, such as contrast volumes from power injectors. These capabilities aid in expediting our workflow.”A Single Platform for Transitioning to Imaging 3.0™ According to the American College of Radiology (ACR), Imaging 3.0™ is an effort to encourage radiologists to take a more active, consultative role that expands beyond the interpretation of patient images. In line with key Imaging 3.0 tenets, radiologists are partnering with Nuance to expedite the turnaround time of meaningful, actionable reports so they can devote more time to educating and engaging with referring physicians and patients alike. The PowerScribe 360 platform will further help radiologists transition to Imaging 3.0 by:
- Empowering the delivery of high-quality care – Standardized reporting structure drives consistency and clinical usefulness of the radiology report which allows referring physicians to make more informed and timely care plan decisions;
- Driving faster, more accurate report generation – The combination of advanced medical speech recognition, clinical language understanding and flexible templating makes it possible for radiologists to create and deliver more thorough, data-rich and compliant reports in minutes instead of days;
- Simplifying communication of patients’ critical test results – Efficient communication and documentation of critical patient findings from radiologists to referring physicians impacts patient safety and protects against liabilities; and
- Enhancing quality and performance with analytics – Integrated search functionality enables data mining of reports, while analytics tools help radiologists track key performance and quality metrics to improve patient outcomes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts