Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season there's no need to search store shelves for that special gift because Gifts of Energy certificates from Consumers Energy make an excellent choice for everyone from senior citizens to college students.
"Gifts of Energy are practical yet welcome because there is nothing more helpful than the gift of a warm home," said
Garrick Rochow, vice president of customer operations and quality for Consumers Energy. "Buying a Gift of Energy is a thoughtful gift for most everyone on your holiday list, be it a relative, friend, co-worker, neighbor, service provider or just someone who may be in financial need."
Many service clubs, charitable organizations and emergency responders such as fire departments, value Gifts of Energy and purchase multiple certificates to provide to neighbors in need.
Certificates never expire and are available in amounts of $10, $20, $25 and $50. Gifts of Energy can be mailed with monthly Consumers Energy bill payments, and the amount is deducted from the bill total. Certificates cannot be redeemed for cash."Gifts of Energy don't include the buyer's name so they're perfect if you want to anonymously help someone in your family, your neighborhood or place of worship," Rochow added. Gifts of Energy can be purchased directly at all Consumers Energy bill payment offices, at participating credit unions or through the mail by sending a check or money order. Requests can be sent to: Consumers Energy, P.O. Box 30079, Lansing, Mich. 48937-0001. Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.6 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. Media toolkit Credit Unions Selling Consumers Energy Gift of Energy Certificates
- CP Federal Credit Union (several Jackson locations, plus Brooklyn and Parma)
- ELGA Credit Union ( Burton, Davison and Flushing)
- Clawson Community Credit Union ( Clawson)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV