If you don't know what EDM is, you're probably over 30. But ask anyone between 16 to 30 about EDM and you'll hear an earful. There's a reason why this is the hottest and fastest growing niche of music today.
The kids, as they say, love it.
DJs like David Guetta, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Tiesto, Hardwell and Afrojack have emerged in recent years to become major headliners.Dance music has been popular in Europe for more than 20 years. Remember raves and the dance culture portrayed in the '90s hit film Trainspotting? Large-scale dance festivals have also been huge moneymakers for years in Europe.
Those same trends have finally landed in a big way in North America in the past five years. Las Vegas, Miami and Toronto are now major EDM cities. Festivals have exploded in the past three years. Millennials can't get enough of this music, it seems. So, in the middle of all this, you have Bob Sillerman. He is the guy who assembled Live Nation. He's the guy who bought Graceland and 19 Entertainment which owned American Idol. He's produced mega-Broadway hits. In short, he's an impresario who is very good at having his finger on the pulse of what's hot and also making a lot of money from it. Now, he's at it again with SFX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV