Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. (NYSE: RNF) confirmed that a brief fire occurred in and was isolated to the ammonia synthesis loop of the ammonia plant at its East Dubuque, IL nitrogen fertilizer facility at approximately 9 a.m. CST this morning, and was extinguished by plant personnel and the Menominee-Dunleith Fire Department. The Partnership confirmed there were no injuries or chemical releases, nor is there any threat or hazard posed to the community.
The plant was shut down in an orderly fashion in response to the fire. An investigation into the cause of the incident is underway. At this time the facility is anticipated to be off-line for several weeks while damages are assessed and repairs are completed. The facility is expected to resume shipments of product held in inventory within the next few days.
About Rentech Nitrogen, L.P.
Rentech Nitrogen (
www.rentechnitrogen.com) was formed by Rentech, Inc. to own, operate and expand its nitrogen fertilizer business. Rentech Nitrogen’s assets consist of two fertilizer production facilities owned by its operating subsidiaries. The East Dubuque Facility is located in the northwestern corner of Illinois, and uses natural gas as a feedstock to produce primarily anhydrous ammonia and UAN solution for sale to customers in the Mid Corn Belt. The Pasadena Facility is located in Pasadena, Texas, along the Houston Ship Channel, and uses ammonia and sulfur as feedstocks to produce ammonium sulfate and ammonium thiosulfate fertilizers, and sulfuric acid. Rentech Nitrogen is the largest producer of synthetic granulated ammonium sulfate fertilizer in North America, with sales in the United States and internationally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV